Friday, October 3, 2008

Mexican Morning


 

There is this amazing coffee from Just Us! called Mexican Morning that I used to guzzle when I lived in Hali... but this smoothie has little in common. 
As per usual, I have no food, so I went into my freezer and cupboards to throw this post-run concoction. It wasn't bad if I do say so myself...It reminds me of these Mexican lollipops that one of my dad's old girlfriends used to give me. They were either little candy watermelon or corns covered in this spicy powder... odd but delish.


Mexican Morning Smoothie:

1 heaping Tablespoon brown rice protein powder
1 over ripe mango
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 frozen ripe avocado
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
pinch cayenne pepper
(I think some agave wouldn't hurt if your mango isn't very ripe...)

Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend it. Drink, and be transported!

1 comment:

Ian Elford said...

I have had those watermelon lollipops covered in chili powder!

By the way, the reason I'm here at the beginning of your blog is that I was trying to find the recipe for that six-bean hummus you brought on the camping trip this summer. Care to share it?