Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lupini Bean Hummus


Something you should know about me: I am a hummus freak. If it was suddenly unavailable, I would have to go to some sort of Hummus-a-holic support group.
I could eat it 3 meals a day, everyday (and have somedays, actually). I keep things exciting by making different types of hummus with different types of beans. When I want to be really adventurous, I pick out a can of beans that I have never heard of or tried before, and make a hummus with them. And now that you can estimate the extent of my nerddom, here is the recipe
 

Here is what I created from a can of Lupini Beans.
It's kind if Italian...

1 clove garlic
1 can lupini beans
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tahini
1/3 cup water
6 sun dried tomatoes in oil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon salt

First chop garlic in food processor. Add drained and rinsed beans. process. Add oil and tahini, then process. Add sun dried tomatoes, process them and then add water (you could also add the water throughout the process, starting after you process the beans). Put in herbs and salt, process one last time.  Empty into container and  refridgerate overnight.  

No comments: