Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chili Mac!


I rushed home on Monday night only to rush back out 45 minutes later. So, I made Chili Mac for my husband and I . "What is this magical mac?", you ask? Well, it's boiled noodles with some chili mixed in (you can use homemade or a vegan canned version). I like it for 3 reasons: it's easy, it's cheap, it's healthy and it's yummy (okay that's 4 reasons...)
Here is how I make mine:
1. boil noodles (I like any spiral shape, really)
2. drain noodles (duh)
3. put chili in pot you used to boil noodles
4. mix noodles into the chili
5. let stand a few minutes and stir.

See, it's that easy also, if you are feeling fancy you can then put the chili mac into a prepared casserole dish, cover with vegan cheese and bake in the oven. so many options... 

No comments: