Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fava-mushroom hummus with roasted garlic


I dreamed about this one... so good... Even Peanut is trying to snag some!

1 can fava beans (drained and rinsed)
1/4 cup tahini
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp sage (dried)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup water 
16 oz sauted mushrooms (leftovers are fine here, I made them fresh because mushrooms don't survive long in my place)
1 bulb roasted garlic 
2 tbsp red wine vinegar

place all ingredients into food processor and process. for a chunky, more rustic hummus, add 8 0z more cooked mushrooms at the end and pulse until desired texture is reached.

Note: to roast garlic: cut the top off of the bulb. fill with olive oil, wrap in foil and put into oven at 400 F for about 20 minutes. I like to toss a few wrapped bulbs in the oven while I'm cooking other stuff, then store them in the fridge. 

No comments: